Click Ad to Tp or for LM

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

You are what you eat Exhibit

Photo from Antoine Lancaster "Eggs" http://web.me.com/asimkine/You_are_what_you_eat/Bienvenue.html

This exhibit is very fun. Well, at least it was for me when Jade and I went to take a look. Antoine Lancaster documented by photo everything he ate for an entire year. In Second Life, the pieces are displayed by curator, Arkady Shatzkin, who displays the works in the a circular museum. Most of the photographs were taken in Paris, but several were taken on trains or planes during Antoine's business trips.

The plates of food are beautifully displayed and I was thinking the entire time how messy my plates of food usually look. The next thing that came into my mind was how much passes out of your body. Maybe this will be his next exhibit. God, let's hope not anyway. When you tp in you'll be on the top floor and you'll follow your way done the stairs by passing entrees after entrees: 1500 in total. It's pretty amazing to see what a single human being eats a year. I mentioned to Jade the artist must not eat many snacks. I didn't see many of those. Go have a look and judge for yourself.

Also for viewing

Webpage
In World Experience

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a blast. thanks

Anonymous said...

On my ta do list first thing tomorrow.

DeMerick Creeley said...

I checked this out. Didn't make it through two floors before I had to make artichokes (I think I'm addicted...my kid too).

Ammon Pera said...

...heheh thats a weird addiction. LOL I guess it's better than smoking.

DeMerick Creeley said...

umm...I smoke too...smoking and artichokes...now that's weird...smoking artichokes...at least I don't do that...addiction to ellipses, that's one of mine too...

Anonymous said...

Just came back from the exhibition and had to prepare a snack :)
Interesting to see all you can eat in a year; none of his plates looked boring and he really varies type of food and origins; I should follow the same path.

Anonymous said...

Yeah great exhibit and really enjoyed it as well. Made me wonder how much money I spend a year on food x2 in a household and animals.

also made me zonder how bored this person is? to photo everything plate of food.

Anonymous said...

Demerick and Ammon your both too funny. You both make a great team on the daily. Excellemt job

Anonymous said...

Oh, man... this is SOOOOO wrong!!

You are NOT what you eat... you ARE what you don't POOP!

moohahahahahaha!

DeMerick Creeley said...

ROFL mtd...don't give Ammon ideas...

Ammon Pera said...

...lol mtd. I just swallowed my gum. Mtd does that mean I am gum for 7 years.

Anonymous said...

LOL reminds me of the All My Life For Sale goofyness on eBay. If I were putting up pics of my meal, it would run something like:

Starter:
Looking at an orange and wondering how to open it.

Main Course:
Microwaved SpagBol, with a ketchup dressing artistically squirted in the shape of a smiley face.

Dessert:
Three hand-picked chocolate bars served slightly chilled for that melt in the mouth experience.

And from my subterranean spring-cooled wine cellar:
Coca-Cola 6-pack, vintage 2008.