Click Ad to Tp or for LM

Thursday, September 25, 2008

inV Daily Interview with DJ Superstar Contest Winner: Queen Edman





INV Daily Interview with DJ Superstar Contest Winner: Queen Edman
Conducted by: Jason Feingold

Thursday September 25

Jason Feingold: Hi Queen, thanks for sitting down with me today and congratulations on winning the Search for a DJ Superstar Contest this past Sunday. How did it feel to be declared the winner?
Queen Edman: Feels great.
Jason Feingold: It actually came really close between you and Lillandra Lancaster and you both came to a dead heat on the scores, which resulted in all 3 Judges having to individually choose a winner. What was going through your mind as you were waiting for all 3 Judges to choose a name?
Queen Edman: I was sweatin it for a while. What was going thru my mind? I need this win. lol
Jason Feingold: When you were both standing there facing the Judges at that final critical moment, did you think your name was gonna be called our or did you think, "nah, this girl's gonna get it?"
Queen Edman: Hard to say. I had a feeling it was going to be my named called but I was yelling at the judges in RL.
Jason Feingold: I think I could practically hear you. You both had your eyes fixed on me. It wasn't nice being Simon Cowel,l I can assure you. LOL. There were 6 DJ’s performing in the contest in total. I saw that you managed to stick around during most of the event. What did you think of the other DJ talent who also competed?
Queen Edman: You know, all 6 DJs are very good there, including myself.
Jason Feingold: Did any of the others stand out in your eyes?
Queen Edman: Yes and no. See I'm more a club DJ and some of the DJs in the competition are heavy metal DJs so the one I tied with is an awesome DJ but she's different that I am so were kinda equal in our own rights.
Jason Feingold: True, I think some of the DJ's entering perhaps didn't realize that the crowd wasn't largely used to some of the metal music a couple of the DJ's played, but it was a contest open to any genre of music. We had a huge explosive crowd all night, over 50 people and most stayed pretty much the entire duration. How did it feel playing to such a huge and vibrant crowd at Club High Energy?
Queen Edman: The crowd was great. I love to play to a large crowd
Jason Feingold: did you feel their energy? I know some DJ's prefer more personal smaller crowds and others prefer playing to a bigger crowd because they get a buzz from it. So playing to bigger crowds is more your preference?
Queen Edman: There was more energy there as opposed to say like 10 in the club. I'm used to playing to all size crowds. I've been working for Ironworks over a year and some days we get packed and some not.
Jason Feingold: What motivates you as a DJ and what gives you the biggest satisfaction from DJing in Second Life?
Queen Edman: DJ'n for me is like a high. I enjoy making others happy. Every time I hear someone yell, "I love this tune" I get blown away because I've done my job.
Jason Feingold: What would you say to anybody out there thinking of starting out DJing in Second Life? Would you recommend it and what advice would you potentially offer to them?
Queen Edman: Hate to say it this way but it takes skill to be a DJ anyone can play music but if u want to DJ then know something about what your doing.
Jason Feingold: If somebody new did want to learn the ropes, what would you suggest in order to help them learn the fundamentals?
Queen Edman: Really, go listen to other DJs first. I still do that.
Jason Feingold: What would you describe as your favorite genre of music that you typically like to play during your sets?
Queen Edman: I spin country and rock also but when I'm in the club, I love music with a good beat and music that people can relate too. If that means playing bubblegum pop club tune then I will. So many times, I've gone into RL clubs and never heard a single song I knew. I don't want to fall into that.
Jason Feingold: Well the music you opted for this past Sunday certainly did pay off. It was a lot of fun. The crowd and all 3 Judges including myself really got into your set
Jason Feingold: You have your first DJ set at Club High Energy this Friday Night as the DJ Superstar Contest Winner. What are your thoughts of Club High Energy and are you excited to play there?
Queen Edman: I'm very excited to play there. I hope to blow them away like I did in the contest.
Jason Feingold: On behalf of inV Daily, it has been a pleasure conducting this interview with you Queen Edman. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions today.
Queen Edman: umm just one more thing lol. I promised InsyX Piranha to give him a shout out. He's been like a brother to me ever since I started in the old Ironworks.
Jason Feingold: We're still trying to schedule that guy to work for us, so there's another plug! Next one is 1000 lindens please. LOL

2 comments:

DeMerick Creeley said...

Great interview Jason. Wonderful to get to know more you Queen.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I liked this interview, lol. Gratz on the win at High Energy, a great ambassador for sl clubbing!