Click Ad to Tp or for LM

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thrilling...



Click to View

I really enjoy my work here at inV Daily. One moment I am stalking a Mouse and the next I get an IM - [Ammon Pera: This is funny, can you write a paragraph?] and I'm off on a new adventure.

Like this link to the 60 second video "Thriller". At a glance it is fun, but then wow, how did they do that and is that really Second Life. Well, yes it is Second Life, in July 2004, 4 years ago, when Ulrika Zugzwang won First Prize in the "New Moves for a New World" animation contest . This video had a cast of 13 actors, a production crew of 8 and cost 15,000L$ for scripts, clothing, skin, location, and sets. The animation rate was 1.14 min/frame for a total animation time of 36.5 hours. And no I don't know what that means but those who do are HOOing.

I'm fascinated by what was done without the resources we take for granted in today's Second Life Client. My Neko curiosity is definitely piqued and I want to learn more about animation: just as soon as I catch that Wireless Mouse.
^;^ Adian Brouwer

Ulrika Zugzwang Home
Production Notes

winner of $2500 L with the answer of "red" was Damian Troncon. Congrats Damian

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the famous glove?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when he'd make his come back.

Anonymous said...

FRICKEN FABULOUS site

Anonymous said...

way good. I look forward to this every morning.

Anonymous said...

Great job Adian.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what that means either adian but I'll HOO right along with 'em. It never ceases to amaze me the skill and talent that SL harbors. Kudos to Ulrika and all those who helped but together this amazing and fun video.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievealbe the talent in sl.