Click Ad to Tp or for LM

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sex (and relationships) in a World where Gender can be Disguised.



Whether you are gay or straight, this is a question that faces all of us. When we consider SL partnerships, RL gender comes into play, regardless of any restriction to a SL love. So how do we know the person we are after is male or female? The answer seems to be in actions. Saying that a female is more commitment oriented is a fallacy, but there are ways to identify gender based on action. Private investigators know the signs. Unfortunately, the average SL citizen doesn't have access to the technology of a PI, but we can always trust our gut instinct and our belief in our partners. Second Life hides the veil of true identity unless trust exists fully between partners. Voice may not be reliable, but we know deep down if deception is there. Partners may question the validiity of their lover's voice and love. Knowing the differences in how men and women react to your IMs, the depth of lust versus love (common in SL) and the desire to get between your legs makes a difference in the determination. Yet tops may wonder if their bottom is female or male. Domme's may have the feeling that something isn't right with their male or female sub. PListen to that voice and value it. Especially when partnership is at stake. How do you know your lover is the gender you desire?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG now i am wondering.

Anonymous said...

We all have our preference wether male or female as in sl and rl Some people don't respect this and cross the line. Nothing is more horrifing when you are in your own element gay or straight and someone trys to change you. It very uncomfortable and really awkward. Lets enjoy eachother but respect eachothers sexuality. just because this is sl doesnt mean I want to try a woman. Thanks for tying ladies but i like co**.

Anonymous said...

I think its really strange straights dj at gay bars. When do you ever see a gay at a straight bar. They use us because we are good tippers.

Anonymous said...

hmm I think it is ashame that people disrespect peoples sexuality. If you say your straight or gay that should be the end of discussion. Show a girl some attention and she thinks your in love with her or your swaying. Nope just be friendly. See you in makeup section for concealor.

Anonymous said...

I'm a straight guy and if I found out a man mentaly seduced and lied to me playing a woman I'd feel really taken advantage. I'd also puke. No offence I just like real ladies.

Anonymous said...

no offence taken dave. I like real men.

Anonymous said...

if you are not to sure of the gender try voice ??

Mhaijik Guillaume said...

Is it all just sex? Once upon a time in worlds far away, I met a cat avatar =D. We became good friends. We talked for hours and hours about everything. We both were writers and exchanged our attempts with each other. We also collaborated on some things. They were German and began to teach me some of the language. Many months went by, when I realized I was in love. My poems had taken on a distinct flavour. Sex was never involved. I eventually discovered the 'male' cat I was in love with was RL female. This did greatly upset me for awhile. But being an open person and a thinking one I realized love was love and did it matter what sex the RL person was? It had no bearing on the friendship we had. We both moved on to different online worlds, and both eventually found SL. To this day I still consider this person a friend and do see them occasionally now here in SL.

Adian Brouwer said...

Hmmm - so should I tell my partner I'm not a Neko in Real Life...

Anonymous said...

I think when it comes to Sl relationships, listen to your gut feeling not your heart...your gut tries to protect you from getting hurt...your heart has no clue what it's doing :)

Anonymous said...

Even now they have voice changers. Who is really who? I gues you'd have to buy a plane ticket to visit eachother or get a day pass if it is an inmate. Can you still get married to a prisoner and do prisoners have credit cards?

Anonymous said...

I just find it strange that some people give up rl sex because they find it cheating if you have a relationship in sl. Can you say your reality is slightly off.

Anonymous said...

LOl give up rl sex. I don't think many people would give up rl sex. Nothing compares to real sex and real touch.

Anonymous said...

I admire woman and respect woman but it doesn't make me want to sleep with one. Just like I'm sure goes the same for most straight men with gay guys.

DeMerick Creeley said...

ROFL at Adian. Yes, perhaps you should share...

And Gigi, I totally agree. Gut instinct tells more than anything else. Trust yourself. If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.

Ammon Pera said...

...LOL guys. I say whomever it is and they get u off hooooooo.

Anonymous said...

Laughs at Ammon. hey Ammon unless your getting together in rl.