Click Ad to Tp or for LM

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sarco Sound Folds

Many of you will have heard and seen DJ’s from the popular Sarco Sound group. It was a group originally setup by Sarcophilus Halderman a couple of years back to include a roster of international DJ’s that would perform under the “Sarco Sound” banner. Sarco himself was the head DJ and his group spawned out many other popular DJs including Andrey Messmer, HarleyMC Homewood and Anjey Amat to name just a few. Earlier this morning, Sarco announced that he was closing his group and taking time away from SL citing RL personal issues. Sarco has subsequently deleted everybody from his group and Sarco Sound is now effectively defunct. Here is a copy of his press release that he issued this morning:

“Due to a number of reasons, I will be away from SL for an extended period of time,

Consequently,I have also taken the decision to wind-up sarco sound and friends of sarco sound


It was a bold experiment and I'm very proud of all we have achieved in the last 2 years

Unfortunately, I find it increasingly difficult to sustain things from financial, emotional and energy points of view.


If you wish to continue receiving notices for your favourite DJs I recommend you join their groups.”


What are your thoughts on the closure of Sarco Sound? Will you miss Sarco’s DJ sets? Share your thoughts and memories of Sarco Sound in the comments section and try to keep them nice!

9 comments:

Jason Feingold said...

I'm personally disappointed to hear about the departure of Sarco and his DJ group. He was a fun DJ as are those that worked for him. My best wishes go out to Sarco and the rest of the DJs who were once in his group.

Anonymous said...

This is a shock. Ive been to lots of his parties and will miss him. Come back soon sarco!

Ricky Davis said...

the Stomping grounds was a music sanctuary I am sad to see it go.

Anonymous said...

OMG you never know what your going to find in the daily. SHOCKED

Anonymous said...

Sarco we will trult miss you. You have been iconic in the Dj world and never be forgotten.

Ammon Pera said...

...very sad news! Sarco is an amazing DJ and has been a great friend to so many people. He will never be forgotten. That's for sure. As they say, nothing lasts forever. I think we all wonder when the ending will come to our own SL. Spending so much time in virtual life passes you by. I often wonder this myself for my own life.

Anonymous said...

Sarco put many famous sl djs out there and got them recognized. I wish him the best and thank you.

Anonymous said...

Cracking DJ group and will be missed! They had the best under their banner, all hard workers and a real bonus for everyone - all the memories will be happy ones for us grateful clubbers!

Thanks Sarco, love you to pieces!

Anonymous said...

Hate to say this, But I think Sarco needed a break. We had a stupid dispute over a year ago and he never forgive me although I forgave him.

Instead of disbanding the group, he should've turned it over to Ars long time ago since he was the never centre of it.