Click Ad to Tp or for LM

Friday, August 8, 2008

Second Life Currency's Official Look


We spend them every day, but have you ever wondered what a Linden would look like if it were actual, tangible money? The above graphic from Linden Labs demonstrates the official conception of the Linden Dollar. With a bling Second Life hand and diamonds on the L$, it would probably be much more expensive to create this conception in a real world economy, but the design is attractive and Second Life spares us the need for physical money. The joy of a virtual world includes the fact that aesthetics can be included in areas where reality would make such imagination unfeasable.


Perhaps Linden Labs should create RL versions of these for sale as collectibles. Properly marketed, they could draw in more money for the company that gives our avatars life. And who wouldn't want a nice, blingy Linden paperweight?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lmao where do you all think of this stuff? I'm so addicted.

Anonymous said...

neat never thought of it before.

Anonymous said...

I'm retiring this year and I wouldn't mind having a few of these in the bank or tucked under my pillow.

Ammon Pera said...

...if i was a burglar I'd just check beds and maybe medicine cabinets :)). I am so guilty of hiding things in my bed too..

Anonymous said...

Now if you put the face of Philip on that bill, deleted the bling that hurts my eyes, you may have something there.

Unknown said...

So THAT's where you keep your Jade, Ammon?