Click Ad to Tp or for LM

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Globe Trotters


We've heard the stories: married men with wives in towns across the country who use business as an excuse for their absences from each family (Previous example is based on some news somewhere and genders can be exchanged). While it's possible to respect the endurance and time management skills of such newsmakers, SL provides a new outlet for those who are attached, but seeking the thrill and adrenaline of someone new. Business travel provides opportunities the spouses who remain at home rarely know about, and now, in addition to exploring that newspaper want ad and hiring a prostitute, attached avs have the temptation of meeting their SL lover in person.


With access to an online "game" comes the responsiblity of recognizing the people in our RLs and the people behind the avatars in SL. Meeting SL lovers in RL is the decision of the adults involved. However, focus needs to remain on the risk of any new relationship and the responsibilities to the old relationships. To be safe with an ethical approach, end RL relationships before agreeing to meet an SL lover. Not only is it right for the person we leave behind, it's best to stand on our own following the end of any relationship before diving into a new one.


written by: DeMerick Creeley

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

the background looks my apartments pool. way funny

Anonymous said...

This is the best blog. Great job.. Now I will have to question my husband where abouts.

Anonymous said...

lmao no kidding me too.

Anonymous said...

women cheat too :)))

Anonymous said...

Being lonely in a marriage and straying is a decision men make freely and willingly, no matter how hard they say it was. Being the "other woman" in every relationship I've ever had says a lot about me, but has given me years of knowledge on what the straying man is like.
Currently I'm in an SL to RL relationship, still working out the kinks, waiting for the ink to dry on the divorce papers. Yeah, I'm that girl. But everyone (including the ex-spouse) is happier, believe it or not. So what may have been my curse is her gift. And I feel I have finally found the right misplaced guy for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm that woman. Four kids later, 200 pounds heavier and husband that walked out on all of us over a virtual game. Anyway now it's my turn to lose the weight,laugh and live again.

Anonymous said...

I think we all come into here with something in mind. Especially men I think come in here looking to get laid.

Anonymous said...

You know if your a miserable human being in rl then your going to be a miserable human being in sl. My point is that you can tell good people from the bad in rl and the same rules apply in sl.

Anonymous said...

Men are dogs. They cheat even if everything is fine.

Anonymous said...

They smell fresh pussy and have to have it at any cost.

Ammon Pera said...

...ok I posted the pussy comment but thats borderline. laughing though. I will pretend its a cat your refering too.

Adian Brouwer said...

^;^ were you calling?

DeMerick Creeley said...

I agree that women cheat too, hence the comment about genders being exchangeable. The candor in the comments is wonderful. I do believe that, if the people who are choosing RL affairs didn't have SL to facilitate a rendezvous, they would find other ways.

Anonymous said...

Once a cheat always a cheat. They say once you get it in the bloodline your hooked.

Anonymous said...

Typical a man is in the picture. A lady has one drink and her panties come off.

Anonymous said...

Most women now a days don't even wear any. Remember Britney in the car and Paris.

Anonymous said...

I don't really know who is worse. But men have always had a bad reputation with cheating. I need to start looking for lipstick marks on his shirts when he comes back from a business trip.

lemonodo said...

ending an rl relationship before taking an sl relationship live seems a little drastic...but hey...gives a safety factor...and who knows...maybe your sl partner will move on to someone else before you get around to meeting...and you get to start from square one